The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Snake plant problems

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
by plantgirl on May 08, 2005 11:09 PM
A few weeks ago I received many plants from a friend who was leaving town. Now some of the snake plant leaves have wrinkly skin, jelly insides and fallen over. In addition, other leaves are crisp as if they had been burnt and have white spots.

It has new growth in the middle but I'm just not sure it's healthy. I've only watered it once this month and it's in a bright room but without direct sunlight. I'm going to move it to a sunnier location.

Any more suggestions?

Thanks,
Plantgirl
by Danielson on May 09, 2005 01:58 AM
well good luck with the reviving ,but it sounds like it is too far gone already. [Eek!]
How big is it? How many stalks? Is it potted in vermiculite or soil? [dunno]
Try making a cutting from it with root harmone.
That stuff is excellent for starting a new plant out of a far to gone one. [thumb]

Dan the man
by mike57 on May 11, 2005 02:10 AM
HI [wayey] Plantgirl heres what i know abought it
the Snake plants also know as mother inlaws toungs. thrive in full sun. they will tolerate low light but color variegations will not be as pronounced. Snake plants are able to tolerate periods of drought but will not tolerate wet conditions since root rot may occur.it sounds like it may have been in the cold i would cut away all the bad shoots since there already damaged.let the new growth start from there the plant comes from a rizom witch is a tubber type root system.it should grow back but will be slow as they are a slow growing plant.hope this helps.your friend in gardening mike57 [wayey] [flower] [flower]

-
No One Can Make You Feel Inferior Without Your Consent.

Active Garden Forum

Search The Garden Helper: