The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Bought a plant- I don't know what it is.

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
by Amber Petersen on January 17, 2006 03:15 AM
What are some names of plants that have a red (pink) stem? I bought one over the weekend, and I'm not sure what it is. It has a bright red stem and the leaves are also rather BRIGHT green with whiteish veins. I tried to search to find it, but not a whole lot comes up when you type in 'red stemmed plant' lol. THANKS!

-
Amber
by Bill on January 17, 2006 03:21 AM
by weezie13 on January 17, 2006 03:41 AM
Amber is it a inside house plant
or an outside type???

Weezie

Don't forget to be kind to strangers. For some who have
done this have entertained angels without realizing it.
- Bible - Hebrews 13:2

-
 -
 -

http://photobucket.com/albums/y250/weezie13/
by tkhooper on January 17, 2006 04:34 AM
Acer palmatum 'Sharp's Pygmy' (Maple)
Eupatorium maculata 'Atropurpureum' (Joe Pye Weed)
Forsythia x 'Fiesta' (Forsythia)
Gillenia trifoliata (Bowman's Root)
Oenothera versicolor 'Sunset Boulevard' (Evening Primrose)
***Polygonatum falcatum 'Variegatum' (Solomon's Seal)

The one with the * is my first choice. But here are some to look at.

-
 -
by kirksgirl on January 17, 2006 10:43 AM
Maybe a PEPEROMIA CLUSIIFOLIA JELLY
 -
It has pink/red stems.I have one of these,though mine is very white where the one in the picture(I found on the internet)is more yellow instead of white,I think the more the light they get the better the color is,evn th pinks on mine are much brighter then the picture. very hearty kind of plant. Mine has grown rapidly since I got it this summer
by RugbyHukr on January 17, 2006 11:08 PM
maybe a COLOCASIA, they often have red stems

-
I love the sweet scents wafting in the breeze. I stop to admire the vibrant colors of all living things. And people think me odd. Then ODD I am!!!

http://community.webshots.com/user/flugnash
by Amber Petersen on January 17, 2006 11:14 PM
Sorry I forgot to add that it IS a house plant.

-
Amber
by Amber Petersen on January 17, 2006 11:19 PM
I think it MAY be the PEPEROMIA CLUSIIFOLIA JELLY although it doesn't have the same leave pattern.
But I had it in a sunny window and two of the leaves have turned white and brown at the tip, so I think it was getting sun burnt...so I've switched windows. In that case, it might not be what you have kirksgirl. Also, it doesn't seem to have the pink edge on the leaves.

-
Amber
by kirksgirl on January 18, 2006 02:54 AM
PEPEROMIA CLUSIIFOLIA, has several varieties, and they do get sunburned. They needs lots of light- but not direct sun. You can go to google and do an image search for PEPEROMIA CLUSIIFOLIA,if it is a PEPEROMIA you should be able to find an image that matches your plant.

Active Garden Forum

Search The Garden Helper: