The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Need Education on Texas Star Cactus

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
« Prev thread: need cucumber lunch recipe| Next thread: Need Elephant Ear HELP! »
Back to Thread index
by dulcevoce on May 02, 2005 02:13 AM
I am excited about having this plant, but am afraid I might overprotect it. I am told that it seldom needs to be watered. If overwatered the individual plant gets soft. Any info about this plant is welcome. BTW, it's doing okay, I just want to hear other's experiences. Thanks heaps!

-
by Barb Illinois Zone 5 on May 03, 2005 07:02 AM
Some interesting reading that may help...

http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/publications/wildlife_habitat/pdf_docs/star_cactus_t_e.pdf#search=texas%20star%20cactus'

additional info

For the first site, you'll need adobe reader.
Hope this helps!

-
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intent of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming,
"WHOO HOO! WHAT A RIDE!"
by Jiffymouse on May 05, 2005 04:26 AM
ok, so i am trying to edit the top url so it doesn't run off the page. the bottom edit worked [dunno] but i will keep trying...
by dulcevoce on May 06, 2005 01:15 AM
Jiffymouse -- everything looks good to me [Smile] I just elarged my window and got the text. Or maybe I don't know what you were trying to do. Thx for your help. Jane

-
by JV on May 06, 2005 03:28 AM
[wayey] Hey Jane hows things in Abilene? Have relatives all way around you. Cisco,Merkel etc. Just copy the first link and paste into your address bar it comes up you need adobe to view it. [thumb]
Jimmy

-
 -
Meet Clyde my Male Sugar Glider. Clyde says.
Keep it organic
GOD BLESS THE U.S.A.
Pray for our Troops!

-
by dulcevoce on May 07, 2005 05:16 AM
Thanks everybody for your help re cactus. [wayey] Hey, JV, actually I'm living in Alpine, TX, now, but was born in ABilene. So, I know where those little towns are very well. Have a brother in Ft. Worth. THanks again for your help. [Smile]

-

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: need cucumber lunch recipe| Next thread: Need Elephant Ear HELP! »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: