The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

NEED ADVICE!

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2004
by hisgal2 on August 03, 2004 04:51 AM
Ok, so a really good friend of mine gave me this idea of making a garden in memory of our baby. Since we won't be staying at this house for more than 5 years, I decided to make the garden in one of my big pots that I have on the porch. I could bring the pot into the house for the fall and winter. The pot is 18" across the top and is about 18-24" deep. So, I need ideas for plants that I can put in the pot that will do well both in the house and out. I was thinking of maybe one of those spiky grass plants (very small) for the middle to give it some height, but other than that, no ideas what so ever.....ohh...some rosemary since that means "remembrance". This is really really important to me and will help me alot with the whole grieving process, so any help at all will be good.

-
 -

-
by weezie13 on August 03, 2004 06:27 AM
Hisgal,
Go to Mary's Gardens

Scroll down and click on
#1. Introductory Annuals Mary Garden Pamphlet - Virtual Garden photo
or
#2. Patio Container Mary Gardens
#3. Indoor Dish Mary Gardens
#4. Indoor Windowsill Mary Gardens for Schools
*There's a ton of reading in there? Not sure how much you like to read.

They are mostly out door plants, but it gives you some ideas/????
This is for a Virgin Mary Garden, but you can find some of the plants for Mary's tears, etc. in there....

Hope this gives you some ideas???
And helps in your healing process!!
My heart goes with you in this adventure!!

And please let us know what you come up with,
I would love to know!

Weezie

Weezie

Don't forget to be kind to strangers. For some who have
done this have entertained angels without realizing it.
- Bible - Hebrews 13:2

-
 -
 -

http://photobucket.com/albums/y250/weezie13/
by Nako on August 03, 2004 08:40 AM
I was thinking of what season your baby was due in. If she was due sometime this winter, you could add some kinda dusty? Or a peace lily. Or you could add a type of ivy. I read that different ivys represent different types of life, and stuff like that. You could put a small pool in it too!

I donno >.< I really wana help, but i don't have many ideas. All i can do is wish you well on your new task, and wish the best for you [kissies]

Good luck Jennifer!
~Phoebe

Nako's Webshots!
 -
 -
by just gladys on August 03, 2004 02:23 PM
I will pray for your strength and healing and that you find some plants that work for you.......let us know what you end up with......Best Wishes and prayers! [angel]

Gladys
by hisgal2 on August 03, 2004 06:01 PM
I forgot to mention that i have a packet of Forget-me-nots that were given to us in a wedding gift from people who live in Alaska (that is the state flower there). I was saving them for a special occassion and I think I will put them in my pot. Can you tell me?...should I start them in some small pots that I have outside?? I know I have some growing out back, but the weeds are soo horrible back there, that I'm not sure if they are strong enough to bring in and transplant. Besides, I like the idea of using the seeds that we got for our wedding for the memory pot.

-
 -

-

Active Garden Forum

Search The Garden Helper: