The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Raid

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2004
« Prev thread: radishes| Next thread: Rain barrells »
Back to Thread index
by Nako on July 26, 2004 08:57 PM
Hi everyone!

I went upstairs to check on my plants this morning, and my dad had left a note: "I saw white flat things crawling around on your Jade, so i shot all your hard plants [succulents] with a quick zap of rade." o.O i'm pretty upset about the decision... he shoulda asked >.<
Anyway, onto the point. Will the Raid hurt my plants? It was ant and roach killer... I've just been taking the plants, killing everything i saw with a tooth pick, and then doing a soapy wash.

Thank you.

~Phoebe

Nako's Webshots!
 -
 -
by Will Creed on July 28, 2004 03:25 AM
Phoebe,

By now you should see any damage if the pesticide spray was toxic to your Jade. Often it is the aerosol that does the damage. You did the right thing to wash the plants off.

Good luck!
by Nako on July 29, 2004 07:34 PM
Well the only damage so far is that a leaf fell off of the small branch on my mini jade, but it looks like another branch is coming out of that spot... I'm gonna clip that one off cuz its definately not big enough to support another branch.

The rest of my plants are doing just fine, except for my natural jade (The one i got from a leave at work which is about an inch tall now). The top most leaves have black around the end edges. I snipped that off, and its callousing right now. But now it'll look ugly till those leaves fall off [Razz]

My Black Rose lost another leve, but i think that's because its adjusting to the new amount of sunlight.

Anyway, thanks Mr. Creed!

~Phoebe

Nako's Webshots!
 -
 -
by Wildpup on July 31, 2004 08:50 PM
Hey Phoebe,

I've read many of your posts lately, and you seem like a pretty cool person. There is just one thing that's bothering me, though. Please don't take offense at this, but I just had to say something.

You keep refering to the singular of "leaves" as "leave". It is "leaf". One leaf, many leaves. If it was a one time thing it wouldn't bother me, but it's quite recurring. If this is an intentional usage, that's cool, but I just wanted to let you know, in case it was a mistake.

Take care,
Wildpup

-
by Wildpup on July 31, 2004 09:00 PM
Now I feel like a jerk.

That last post seems kinda condescending. I really didn't mean to insult your intelligence. And I just noticed that you used "leaf" once in your post, so I'm sure you do know the proper spelling.

I'm sorry. All I can say is that for some strange reason I get bothered by stupid little things like that.

Anyway, have a nice day!
Wildpup

-
by Nako on August 01, 2004 12:17 AM
Sorry about that...

Nako's Webshots!
 -
 -
by afgreyparrot on August 01, 2004 01:02 AM
(never mind)

-
 -
 -
Buckle up! It makes it harder for the aliens to suck you out of your car!
by loz on August 01, 2004 07:46 AM
Phoebe it's totally okay.....don't apologize.....I'm sure you know the spelling, sometimes we do make spelling mistakes, we're all human....I'm a fantastic speller, and I can type fast--but I make a lot of mistakes myself, sometimes they are really stupid mistakes...lol

I live in an area where a lot of people speak terribly....as in, I ain't got none, them are pretty, etc.....that is who they are though, and even though I would love to correct them(and it really, really bothers me) I don't because I don't ever want to even slightly hurt anyones feelings.....

Keep us updated on your plants and the raid fiasco! [wayey] [grin]
by Nako on August 01, 2004 09:06 PM
*punches him in the face really hard*

I feel better now ^.^

Anywho, my jades are doing pretty good. I kinda overwatered the mini, so ya, i'm drying out the soil right now using a paper towil method that my mom taught me. My Black Rose lost another leave, so that sux, but new ones are growing in and replacing them [Smile] so that's good. My desert rose lost a few main leaves... so that sucks, but the leaves have stopped turning yellow now, so that's good. I think its being stressed cuz its been cloudy for like 3 weeks now, and no sun comes through the window anymore. So i gotta resort to lightbulbs. [dunno]

Hopefully the sun'll come out soon and give em all some light ^.^

Nako's Webshots!
 -
 -
by Wildpup on August 02, 2004 08:56 PM
Ouch!
[Eek!]

-
by loz on August 02, 2004 09:04 PM
Phoebe, here's hoping that you get tons of sunshine!!!!!!!!! Hoping your plants pull through! [wayey]
by Nako on August 02, 2004 10:22 PM
Well, lately its been doing that thing where its sunny in the morning, all day till the sun can finally hit that window... Then clouds decide to roll in >.< dah! I would like to relocate my plants, but we don't have any windows that face the morning sun... so that sucks >.< all the plants get morning sun for like a half hour in the morning, around 6:00 though. But that's definately not enough >.< I had to move my citrus tree over to my mom's pourch, cuz it was dropping leaves and flower buds. *sigh* oh wellz [tears]

Atleast my jades are getting enough sun. There's one side of the house that has 1 window which is big enough to hold just my jades ^.^

Nako's Webshots!
 -
 -
by Sami on August 04, 2004 05:12 AM
Phoebe, I just took the time to look at your garden pics & wanted to say that I love your orchid & your bearded iris (among others)! They are just beautiful!

-
Talentless but connected.
by Nako on August 04, 2004 09:03 AM
omg thank you sami! *hugz* ^.^ that made my day lol.

Nako's Webshots!
 -
 -

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: radishes| Next thread: Rain barrells »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: