The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Proper Potting of a Giant Philodendron - Help!

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
by G.C. from H-town on April 13, 2005 09:08 AM
Howdy!

I have a seriously huge split-leaf philodendron growing in my backyard. Two original stalks are vertical and unobtrusive, but there are three other huge stalks which have grown horizontally along the ground and are taking up too much space. Instead of just chopping them off and trashing them, I would like to place them in large pots to possibly sell or give away. I've never done anything like this, so I need some advice on how to go about it. In particular, I was wondering about proper timing, soil types, cutting angles, water amounts, transplanting supplements, placement of aerial roots, etc. Again, this plant is a MONSTER! The leaves are almost a yard long each! If I can do this successfully, how much should I sell them for and to whom? Thanks for reading this, and I'm hopeful that someone out there can help me! [dunno]
by Dixie Angel on April 13, 2005 02:20 PM
Howdy, Pardner! [Big Grin] Sorry, but I don't have any info for you about your plant, but I did want to welcome you to the forum. Someone will be along shortly that can answer your question, though, I'm sure.

Dianna

-
 -
by Dixie Angel on April 13, 2005 02:20 PM
Oops! Double-posted. I'm sorry.

Dianna

-
 -
by loz on April 13, 2005 10:23 PM
Hi GC, and welcome to the forum--I'm moving this to the housplants section where you will receive more answers to your question.

Active Garden Forum

Search The Garden Helper: