The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Indoor Palm Plant Problem....

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2004
« Prev thread: Indoor Palm Plant Problem....| Next thread: Indoor palms »
Back to Thread index
by Storm on July 15, 2004 08:19 AM
I have an indoor palm tree that is getting some sort of white fluffy stuff clinging to the leaves.

Anyone know what this is? and what I should do about it?? I don't know the name of the plant..sorry.
by Storm on July 15, 2004 07:32 PM
oops....sorry about the double post here.
by Nako on July 15, 2004 11:50 PM
That would be a bug. I donno what the purpose of the bug making those lil white thingies is, but i never kept em long enough to see lol. I'd just take your plant and give it a soapy wash to make sure you got rid of all of em. Unless your palm is gigantic >.< Then it would be best to do a hunt and pick type of thing.

If its spider mites like i'm thinking, then you should use a very soft wet sponge so you don't accidently snap the fronds.

Nako's Webshots!
 -
 -
by TomR on July 16, 2004 05:01 AM
Sounds like maybe Mealy bugs. Dip a cotton swab in rubbing alcohol and dab each one if there isn't too many of them. A systemic insecticide would help as well.

Tom

My memory's not as sharp as it used to be. Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
by Storm on July 19, 2004 05:55 AM
Thanks. I will start with the soapy sponge and resort to the systemic thing if that doesn't work.

Thanks again.
Thanks. I will start with the soapy sponge and resort to the systemic thing if that doesn't work.

Thanks again.

Thanks again.

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Indoor Palm Plant Problem....| Next thread: Indoor palms »
Back to Thread index