The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Need a new houseplant

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2004
by Connie_d on May 17, 2004 04:38 PM
I have decided that i need a new houseplant. I have a rosary vine that I absolutely love, so does anyone have any suggestions on something similar?

Thanks
Connie [flower]
by Chrissy on May 17, 2004 10:17 PM
I have a plant that grows similar to my Rosary Vine & I just love it. It is called a Senecio rowleyanus or String Of Pearls Plant. Here is some info on it: Senecio rowleyanus

-
 -
z5b
by Ronni on May 19, 2004 01:25 PM
Hi Connie,

I don't know what a rosary vine is, so I can't comment on anything similar.

I've bought a number of houseplants recently. My favorites are the diffenbachia that I have sitting on a little table in my kitchen--it looked kinda puny when I first got it, but within the first week it's leaves spread out and it shot out more new ones, and seemed to just jump to life. Plus I love the leaves, they look like they've been splattered with white paint!

The other one is a polka dot plant, at least that's its common name. I think its botanical name is Hypoestes. Its leaves are mostly different shades of pink, with little white dots all over. It has grown fast!

Ronni

-
by applescruff on May 20, 2004 09:49 PM
My favorite plant is a dieffenbachia. My old roommate bought it our first semester of college and then promptly forgot to water it for weeks at a time. Somehow the plant survived until the summer when she gave ti to me. That was exactly a year ago and now it is a big healthy happy looking plant.

applescruff

And in the end the love you take is equal to the love you make.

Active Garden Forum

Search The Garden Helper: