The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

primroses

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2004
« Prev thread: Primrose in an office| Next thread: Primula »
Back to Thread index
by cwf10 on February 29, 2004 05:07 PM
I recently purchased a flat of primroses to plant when it's warm enough in my area. I am keeping them in their original pots, sitting in shallow water, in a window that is directly above where they will eventually be planted. Most of them are doing well, but some have started to wilt. Should I pinch them back? I need to keep them healthy for at least another month. HELP!
cwf10@att.net
by weezie13 on February 29, 2004 06:24 PM
[wayey] [flower] Hello cwf10 [flower] [wayey]

Welcome to The Garden Helpers Forum!!!

I love those primroses!!!
Some have the most beautifulest smell to them.

I am not a total expert on keeping those plants in the house, so I'm also hoping some other gardeners come through and offer some additional advice but my first thought when you said you have them sitting in water, in the house,
I would have to say, that might have some factor in them???? NOT SURE< I know they like moist conditions, and even on the side of a small little creek or wet spot, but not sure about them sitting completely in the water all the time, they don't have an opportunity to get their little roots out of the water....
Try giving them good waterings and let the water run through the plant/dirt into the shallow water, but then when sufficently drained, take the pan away, let them be that way for a day or so, not sure of the conditions in the house, but then feel the soil, as long as it's moist, that's ok, if it starts to dry out below say one finger space *up to first part of finger that bends* then rewater again.....

Hope that helps,
Happy Gardening!
Weezie

What colors did you get???
Do you have any other plants too???
Just curious!!!

Weezie

Don't forget to be kind to strangers. For some who have
done this have entertained angels without realizing it.
- Bible - Hebrews 13:2

-
 -
 -

http://photobucket.com/albums/y250/weezie13/
by Phil and Laura on February 29, 2004 10:18 PM
We bought a pretty yellow Primrose last week. It was good for a day or two then it started wilting. Check the root's on the plant. It is more then likely root bound big time. Our's was. re-potted it and it is doing fine. [grin] Laura
by Jiffymouse on March 01, 2004 06:30 PM
[wayey] hi cwf10 [wayey] welcome to the garden helper. no info to share, but lots will have some, just wanted to say hi!

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Primrose in an office| Next thread: Primula »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: