The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Peperonia???

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
« Prev thread: peperomia plant| Next thread: pepper babies »
Back to Thread index
by bcordrey on February 05, 2005 06:08 PM
Hi, I am new to this board and have a question about one of my houseplants. I have what I thought was called a Peperonia plant. It is about 3 1/2 feet tall but never seems to grow. It is one stalk with branches and looks fairly healthy but others I have seen look very full. I am going to try to post a link to the picture of it. I hope this works. My question is how do I make it look fuller? Do I need to cut it and start from scratch? I have had it for about 11 years. Thanks! Barbara
by Barb Illinois Zone 5 on February 05, 2005 10:28 PM
[flower] Hi! I can't access your plant picture because I'm not a member of that particular site but I looked up info on Peperomia in one of my reference books; perhaps the following will help.
(I'm paraphrasing the info)
Place in full light in winter, bright indirect light while actively growing. Water sparingly in winter with tepid water and moderately in summer. From Spring to Summer, maintain moderate to high humidity and mist twice daily applying a balanced liquid fertilizer monthly.
There are a thousand or more species in this genus so the care instructions a somewhat general but if you follow them an pamper the plant a bit perhaps it will fill out on its own. Again, hope this helps!

-
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intent of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming,
"WHOO HOO! WHAT A RIDE!"
by bcordrey on February 05, 2005 11:11 PM
Hi and thanks for the response. I deleted the link for the photo. The info is helpful and I know now that at least I got the name right. Barbara [kitty]

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: peperomia plant| Next thread: pepper babies »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: