The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Ailing Jade Plant

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2004
« Prev thread: Ailing Jade Plant| Next thread: Ailing Schefflera ?... »
Back to Thread index
by Jeff Hickman on May 10, 2004 02:28 AM
There seems to be something like a mold or fungus that forms on the joints of my jade plant and the base of the leaves. It causes the leave to fall off. I am a new plant person and have no idea what the problem is or how to correct. Thank you for your help.

Jeff Hickman
Seattle,WA
by afgreyparrot on May 10, 2004 02:38 AM
When "nako" checks out the forum in a little while I'm sure you'll get an answer.
Obviously knows about jade plants!
Jade plant post

-
 -
 -
Buckle up! It makes it harder for the aliens to suck you out of your car!
by Nako on May 10, 2004 04:04 AM
hmmmmmmmmmmmz tell me what it looks like, and if it smells funny. Do you have a lot of humidity and stuff in the air around it? If it is a fungus or something like that, i donno what to do. All i can think of is to gently squirt it off with a squirt bottle streem or something like that. But either way, keep us up to date on it. Someone might have better advice than i do. I personally have never experienced anything like that with my jades.

~Phoebe

Nako's Webshots!
 -
 -
by Will Creed on May 11, 2004 03:48 AM
Jeff,

Jades are more commonly afflicted by mealybugs than fungi. Mealybugs look like tiny bits of cotton and are often mistaken for fungus.

If this is what you think you have, then spray the entire plant with a solution of 4 parts water, 1 part rubbing alcohol, and a dab of liquid soap. Be sure to get it in all the nooks and crannies. Rinse it off with fresh water after a few minutes.

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Ailing Jade Plant| Next thread: Ailing Schefflera ?... »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: