The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Humidity levels

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
« Prev thread: Humidity and Mold| Next thread: Humidity Trays »
Back to Thread index
by Shayne_T on March 18, 2005 07:08 PM
Hi,

I am planning on building my first terrarium and I have bought a fogger from exo-terra, because I also want a lizard in the terrarium. I want to know if the fogger will humidify the air too much and will cause the plant's( which I did not choose yet) roots to rot. Also, if you have any experience with a fogger, how long should it stay on to create the ideal humidity level.

thanks
Shayne
by tkhooper on March 19, 2005 01:23 PM
Hi Shane,

Well it depends on the lizard first. I thought they were desert creatures. Which just goes to show what I know. Which isn't much.

I've never seen a fogger so I'm not terrible sure but its box should give the amount of moisture it gives off per hour or something like that shouldn't it?

Anyway once you have the little critter in the terrarium I would check the soil in there everyday for about a week. If it stays moist all the time. And you have a hood for it with a light in it so it is getting plenty of light. I would look at one of the ground cover plants at estabrooks nursery on line. They have a wetlands division with all the plants that can thrive in that situation.

I know this isn't much help but I'm just learning about plants myself.

-
 -

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Humidity and Mold| Next thread: Humidity Trays »
Back to Thread index