Grandmas Recipe for Rolled Sugar Cookies
Ingredients for Rolled Sugar Cookies
- 1/2 c Butter
- 1/2 c Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Egg
- 2 c Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
Preparing your Sugar Cookies
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Cream together the margarine, sugar, vanilla and egg until light and fluffy.
- Add the flour and baking powder.
- Blend until well mixed.
- Chill the dough for 2 hours (or overnight).
- Roll out on a lightly-floured surface until 1/8-inch thick.
- Cut with a cookie cutter.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake in a 375-degree oven until lightly browned, about 10 minutes.
- Cool before storing.
Search The Garden Helper: