Grandmas Recipe for Traditional Spritz Cookies
Ingredients for Spritz Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups butter (3 sticks), softened
- 4 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 tsp. almond flavoring
- 1 egg
- 2 TBS. milk
- OPTIONAL: Food coloring, colored sugar or chopped nuts
Preparing your Spritz Cookies
- Preheat oven to 400°. F.
- Cream butter and sugar till fluffy;
- Add flavorings, egg, and milk and stir till well mixed.
- If you wish to color the dough, add color now and mix well.
- Sift or mix flour and baking powder together, then add to dough
- (this is more easily done in two or three parts)
- Mix with hands if necessary. (Dough will be very stiff).
- Push dough into spritzer gun and press shapes onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- You can press decorations into the cookies before baking.
- Bake at 400° F. for 6 minutes, NO LONGER!
Search The Garden Helper: