Grandmas Recipe for Snickerdoodle Cookies
Ingredients for Snickerdoodles
- 1 cup Butter or margarine
- 3/4 cup + 1 Tbs. Sugar
- 1 3/4 cup Flour; all-purpose
- 2 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. Salt (optional)
- 3/4 cup Brown sugar, packed
- 2 Eggs
- 2 cups Uncooked oats
- 1 tsp. Baking soda
Preparing your Snickerdoodles
- Heat oven to 375° F.
- Grease cookie sheet.
- In large bowl, beat together butter, brown sugar and
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs; mix well.
- In medium bowl, combine flour, oats, 1 t cinnamon, soda and salt.
- Add to sugar mixture; mix well.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto prepared cookie sheet.
- In small bowl, combine remaining 1 T sugar and 1 t cinnamon;
- Sprinkle lightly over each cookie.
- Bake 8-10 minutes.
- Cool 1 minute on cookie sheet;
- Remove to wire cooling rack.
Search The Garden Helper: