Grandmas Recipe for Striped Ribbon Cookies
Ingredients for Striped Ribbon Cookies
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tsp.baking powder
- 1/4 tsp.salt
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 oz. chocolate..melted
Preparing your Ribbon Cookies
- Preheat oven to 400° .
- Mix and sift flour, baking powder and salt
- Cream together shortening and sugar until light and fluffy
- Add vanilla and egg
- Add flour mixture to creamed mixture
- Divide dough into 2 parts. Add melted chocolate to one part.
- Wrap each portion in wax paper and chill until firm.
- Pat dough in alternate layers in a small rectangular pan
- Chill until firm
- Cut into 1/8 inch slices
- Bake on ungreased cookie sheet in hot oven (400° F) for 6-8 minutes.
Search The Garden Helper: