Grandma's Recipe for Raspberry Gem Cookies
Raspberry Gem Cookie Ingredients
- 1 1/2 c All purpose flour
- 1 c Margarine or butter (soft)
- 1/2 c Dairy sour cream
- 1/3 c Raspberry spreadable fruit
- 3 tb Sugar
- 2/3 c Semisweet chocolate pieces
- 1 tb Shortening
- 1/4 c Finely chopped almonds
Preparing your Raspberry Gems
- Stir together flour, margarine or butter, and sour cream in a large mixing bowl, until thoroughly blended. Divide dough in half, then Cover and chill for 3 hours.
- Roll each half of dough on a lightly floured surface to 1/8 inch thickness.
- Using a 1-3/4 to 2 inch round cookie cutter cut dough.
- Spread about 1/4 tsp. raspberry fruit on top of half of the cookies.
- Top with remaining cookies.
- Stir together sugar and 1 Tbsp. water. Brush over cookies.
- Place cookies on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake in a 350 oven for 15 to 20 minutes or till done.
- Remove cookies and cool on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, in a small heavy saucepan melt chocolate pieces and shortening over low heat till melted, stirring constantly.
- Dip one side of each of the cookies into melted chocolate.
- Place on waxed paper; sprinkle with almonds.
- Cool until set. Makes about 72.
Search The Garden Helper: