Grandma's Burnt Cream Custard
Ingredients for Burnt Cream
- 1 Pint whipping cream
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tbs. vanilla extract
- Additional granulated sugar (for topping)
Preparing your Burnt Cream
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Heat cream over low heat until bubbles form around the edges of the pan.
- Beat egg yolks and sugar together until thick. (about three minutes)
- Gradually beat the cream into the egg yolk/sugar mixture.
- Stir in vanilla and pour mixture into six ounce, oven proof custard cups.
- Place custard cups in a baking pan which has about one half inch water in the bottom.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until set.
- Remove custard cups from water and refrigerate until chilled.
- Sprinkle each custard evenly, with about 2 tsp. of granulated sugar.
- Place on top rack of oven, under broiler and cook until topping is medium brown.
- Chill before serving.
Search The Garden Helper: