The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

peace lily care

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
by linwilms on October 08, 2005 03:51 AM
I have a peace lilly from a funeral. I've had it since March and it's been outdoors all summer. It's doing well and growing but some of the leaves are turning yellow and some are just looking ragged. How do I remove them and not injure my plant?
by RugbyHukr on October 08, 2005 05:34 AM
clip with pruning shears or scissors.

-
I love the sweet scents wafting in the breeze. I stop to admire the vibrant colors of all living things. And people think me odd. Then ODD I am!!!

http://community.webshots.com/user/flugnash
by linwilms on October 08, 2005 07:05 AM
Thanks RugbyHukr for the reply to the peace lilly care. How far down the stem do I clip. It's really thick and I just repotted a couple months ago but it seems to be outgrowing this pot as well.
by Jiffymouse on October 08, 2005 10:22 AM
it'll be ok if it gets a little "pot bound". the actually take up a lot less root space than the leaves would suggest. also, you can clip the dead and damaged leaves all the way back to the base.
by MaryReboakly on October 09, 2005 08:11 AM
Following this question, my peace lily's roots are showing above the soil! [shocked] I dont really see any rots coming out of the holes in the pot, though. So, is this the time to repot, or do I keep waiting? [dunno]

-
 -
by Jiffymouse on October 10, 2005 02:37 AM
sometimes mine gets that, i usually just add a little potting soil if there is room in the pot. otherwise, i don't worry about it, it won't hurt it.

Active Garden Forum

Search The Garden Helper: