The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

peace lily's

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2004
by thumper on July 05, 2004 02:01 AM
I have a beautiful (& relatively new) peace lily. The 'flower' is wilting. Do I leave it or cut it off?
by Jiffymouse on July 05, 2004 05:33 PM
[wayey] hi thumper [wayey] welcome to the garden helper! i cut mine off when they start to wilt, seems to make them bloom faster.
by njoynit on July 13, 2004 04:45 PM
mine don't seem to wilt,It turns green and about a week latter it gets another one.mine gets nice rich soil& drains well& gets bright indirect ligt from the NW.

-
 -
I will age ungracefully until I become an old woman in a small garden..doing whatever the Hell I want!

http://community.webshots.com/user/njoynit03
http://community.webshots.com/user/njoynit
http://photos.yahoo.com/njoynit03
by plantlady19 on July 13, 2004 05:36 PM
My peace lilly blossoms only wilt after turning very green, and then I prune them off. But if they are wilting before they turn a greenish color, then this might be a sign that your plant is none too healthy. Make sure it is getting the proper amounts of water and sunlight, and remember to feed your peace lilly when it is blooming. This is when they need it most. Just be careful not to overfeed. This will fry the leaves and roots.Hope that helps. [Wink]

Rule like a Goddess.
Command like a queen.
Work like a slave.
by Jitty on July 17, 2004 02:40 AM
How much sunlight do peace lily's need? i have been thinking about getting one but am unsure about the light issue. From what I have heard they dont need very much but can anyone confirm that from experience? Thank you
by Nako on July 17, 2004 07:28 AM
The ones at school and all over the place in the mall get ambient light from the skylights, and artificial lights. They're huge and flowering quite a bit!

The ones at college in the library get pleanty of ambient light.

The ones in my house don't have flowers yet, cuz i bought them in a 3" pot, and separated them. But they've grown enough to fill a 10" within the past month. They don't get too much light in the morning, but lotsa afternoon sunlight in my window room. The one downstairs which is bigger gets light from whatever lights are on in that room ^.^

Nako's Webshots!
 -
 -
by sachis2112 on July 17, 2004 08:27 AM
Hmmm... Looks like I have a bit to learn about my peace lily. I've always been told that they REALLY don't like to be fertilized. Do you have different advice for me?

-
by Nako on July 18, 2004 02:42 AM
come to think of it, they've been put in different rooms of the house, so i've forgotten to fertalize them lol. I guess they go just fine without it ^.^ But i do have them potted in Miracle Gro... Soooooooooooo ya, they may be fertalized anyway >.o

Nako's Webshots!
 -
 -
by lilitu on July 19, 2004 05:05 PM
From my knowledge of Peage lilies, keep the soil moist- don't let them dry out- adn keep them in moderate light. Mine are never in sunny areas and they do wonderfully [Smile]

lilitu

Active Garden Forum

Search The Garden Helper: