The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Tea Tree

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2004
« Prev thread: tea roses| Next thread: Teacher needs help with houseplants! »
Back to Thread index
by lilitu on October 12, 2004 10:21 PM
Anyone else out there got one??? I bought mine a few months back in a 4 inch pot. She was small. She's STILL small, but she has grown. I've been keeping her inside near a sunny window and watering after the soil has dried, but some of the leaves are getting crispy and falling off. Any suggestions or general care for this plant?
Thanks!!

lilitu
by Arctostaphylos on November 18, 2004 06:44 PM
Well the only Tea Tree I know is Leptospermum (which I have not seen as a house plant here) a pic would be helpful for ID. At any rate if you do have a Leptospermum they all require full sun (very hard to get that indoors, even in the brighest window) But I am sure it would freeze outside. They like well drained soil and do not require excessive moisture. Hope this is of some assistance. Good luck.
by boxmonkey on November 29, 2004 05:33 PM
If your tea tree's problem truly is that it's not getting enough sunlight, you can try to supplement the light coming through your window with a flourescent light. In the past I have used a compact flourescent on a timer, as close as possible to the plant with good results. That may not be enough if it's truly sun thirsty, though.

Custom Weathervanes - hand made

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: tea roses| Next thread: Teacher needs help with houseplants! »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: