The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Peach Tree

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
« Prev thread: peach pits| Next thread: Peach Tree »
Back to Thread index
by CoachK on November 16, 2005 07:30 AM
I have a 4 year old peach tree that for the 1st time had lots of fruit. When they were ripe I found a small white worm on the inside of the peach near or on the pit. Could someone tell me what it was and what can i do about them for next year? Thanks
by peppereater on November 19, 2005 12:16 AM
I'm thinking they call that a "plum curiculo." I'll look around for some info, but I know of a product that has been highly recommended in recent years. I can't remember the name, it might be called "barricade." Take a look at the Gardens Alive website, that's a gardener's supply company for organic gardeners.
I haven't looked around here at the forum a lot, but they do have specific information on a lot of plants and pests if you look at the index.
by peppereater on November 19, 2005 12:18 AM
Sorry, CoachK, I meant to describe the product...It's a very fine clay that is emulsified and sprayed on the fruit, and it is supposed to deter not only insect, but birds as well, from eating your fruit.
by obywan59 on November 23, 2005 01:11 PM
It's called Surround. I used it judiciously this year on my peaches and apples and I had the least worm damage ever. In fact, I didn't see a single worm in my peaches. I gave my mom some of my peaches and she said she saw one, but that's it. Out of a hundred or more peaches. I used it on my grapes also, to deter Japanese Beetles and although it didn't eliminate the problem entirely, there was significantly less damage from them also.

-
Terry

May the force be with you

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: peach pits| Next thread: Peach Tree »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: