The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

cone flowers

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
« Prev thread: Cone flowers| Next thread: Cone flowers »
Back to Thread index
by BFVISION on July 16, 2005 07:04 PM
I love cone [Love] flowers and this year have one bed that is thriving [clappy] . It contains white, yellow and purple varieties. I am wondering now if I am going to have a problem with future generations taking on mixed colors [shocked] because of the proximity of these varieties and would appreciate any insights [nutz] ?

Thanks

BFVISION

http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=2122269418&mode=guest
by Carly on July 16, 2005 07:12 PM
I'd like to just have them - ha ha! Somebody gave me some seeds but they've done nothing.

I buried dead heads last year, so maybe I'll see something eventually.

I'd love mixed colours too.

No point asking anybody for more seeds or buying any - we're in a drought, like many people, and lots like ours don't do well - except the trees which are legion.

-
When sorting seeds, do not whistle.
by mike57 on July 16, 2005 09:47 PM
HI BFVISION My cone flower seeds did not do anything ether.dont know if it was bad seeds or what i got them in a seed trade.guess i will try buying mine next year.your flowers might be one or all diffrent colors or get a new color due to polination from flower to flower i had diffrent colored zinnas year befor last but all mine last year where diffrent shades of pink no white or yellow ones.hope this helps. your friend in gardening.mike57

-
No One Can Make You Feel Inferior Without Your Consent.
by Bestofour on July 18, 2005 08:10 AM
My experience with cone flowers is that they don't come up the first year. At least that's how it is where I live. I planted some seeds, I think it was actually the dead head of some year before last and they didn't even break soil last year, but this year I have a bunch of beautiful, purple cone flowers.

-
 -
 - http://www.picturetrail.com/bestofour  -

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Cone flowers| Next thread: Cone flowers »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: