The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

mogra flowers

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
« Prev thread: Modern Art?| Next thread: Moist VS Wet »
Back to Thread index
by nandita on April 17, 2005 02:21 PM
helo, i was wondering how do we harvest mogra flowers? i live in a country where the weather is on minus for 8 months, so is it possible to harvest them in a room temperator? i really love mogra flowers and want to make a small garden of it. thank u for your reply.

nandita.
by tkhooper on April 17, 2005 03:21 PM
Hi,

I'm not sure I understand exactly what you are asking when you say "harvest". It appears from the articles I have found that you can grow them indoors. But I haven't found anything about harvesting the seeds, or how to start new plants. Is that the information you are looking for?

Arabian Jasmine grows well in containers or in the ground, with a warm, lightly-shaded, humid spot preferred. Its light-green glossy foliage is handsome all year – plants may be trained to be shrubby or to climb a small trellis. Cut flowers will last at least a day out of water, and so make a nice table arrangement in a basket or even as exotic boutonnieres. Cutting-grown forms in cultivation locally are the single ‘Maid of Orleans’, the semi-double ‘Bel of India’, the fully double ‘Hawaiian Queen’, and the crested double ‘Grand Duke of Tuscany’. The first three are shrubby and somewhat scandent; “Grand Duke” is stiffly upright, more heat-loving, and less cold-tolerant.

The "Grand Duke of Tuscany" appears to be the one that is called the "Morga" flower. From what I have seen on my search these appear to have an aroma that is awesome. I think I may add it to my wishlist. Thank you for bringing it to my attention.

-
 -
by nandita on April 17, 2005 11:48 PM
hi, thanks for the reply. by harvesting i meant that where i could get the morga flower seed and grow it. do u have any idea if the mogra flower seed are sold easily? i know its not sold here where i live.
thanks.
by tkhooper on April 18, 2005 01:21 AM
I didn't find any seeds for sale. But this nursery ships the plant worldwide so maybe...

Grand Duke of Tuscany

This flower certainly has alot of culture and history behind it. I enjoyed reading some of the information. From my reading it seems that it has a very strong fragrance and only one vine will perfume a room. Maybe if you are successful and get some seeds from your plant we can trade different seeds next year.

-
 -

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Modern Art?| Next thread: Moist VS Wet »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: