The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Black Lace Elderberry (Sambucus)

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: Black Lace| Next thread: Black Ladybugs? »
Back to Thread index
by Sophie on July 23, 2006 11:39 AM
I just purchased a Black Lace Elderberry today. I read about it online and heard it was a limited release for 2006 - so am SO excited to have located one. It is such a beautiful plant. Does anyone own one? If so, what has been your experience with it so far? It sure sounds promising!!
by tkhooper on July 23, 2006 11:59 AM
I'm very excited for you. I saw the news writeup on it too and thought it was just beautiful. And it's more than time that we had something like the dwarf japanese lacy maple. Maybe this will bring down the price of those if they catch on. Where did you find it?

When it arrives will you take some pictures of it? I would love an honest picture of it.

-
 -
by Sophie on July 23, 2006 01:17 PM
Actually I bought it at a local nursery. I searched online and found out it was available at a local nursery - called them - and they said, yes indeed they had them. So I ran right over and bought one. They are expensive ($40.00), but I wanted it so bad I was willing to pay. It is very pretty and does remind one of a Japanese Maple. The flowers that will come in the spring are an added bonus. And the plant is supposed to be so trouble free. I just LOVE it. How do I send a picture? I am a newbie.
by Sophie on July 23, 2006 01:19 PM
Oh I should say, the Black Beauty Elderberry is only $26.00 - so I'm saying the Black Lace is expensive, but it's all relative. If you are buying it instead of a Japanese Maple - it is a real DEAL.
by netty on July 28, 2006 09:25 AM
I bought myself the Black Lace Elderberry at an end of season sale at a local nursery for $4 !!!! I'm starting to think I got a REALLY good deal!

-
 -
by Budman on July 29, 2006 05:53 AM
I looked up the tree in google and it is beautiful. It was stated that it stole the show in the 2003 Chelsea show in England. I will have to buy one this fall.....

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Black Lace| Next thread: Black Ladybugs? »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: