The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Butterfly

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: Butterflies Part II| Next thread: Butterfly and Bird gardens »
Back to Thread index
by princessazlea on July 27, 2006 01:13 AM
Is this butterfly a Red Admiral? I am not sure on butterflies but I have lots of them this year on my butterfly bush!
 -

-
 -
"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens".
by Thornius on July 27, 2006 05:15 AM
Princess, Your butterfly is called The Peacock a common butterfly in the U.K. I got the information on this website:

British Butterflies

We do not have these in the U.S. but they are closely related to some species we do have here.

-
 -
A bird in the hand......can sometimes be a mess.
by princessazlea on July 27, 2006 06:02 AM
Thanks Thornius [thumb]

-
 -
by penny in ontario on July 27, 2006 07:33 AM
Very nice Lisa!

-
 -

-
by Triss on July 27, 2006 07:51 AM
That is a VERY pretty butterfly!!!

-
 -
We are all under the same stars... therefore we are never far apart.
by patches1414 on July 27, 2006 08:38 PM
Beautiful butterfly, Lisa! [thumb] Don't you just love [Love] those Butterfly bushes? They are like having a butterfly magnet! [Wink] [Big Grin]

-
 -
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"
by princessazlea on July 27, 2006 08:54 PM
Yes Patti had loads this year. Had another type of butterfly on it. But it was not a good picture. [Frown] will try and get another one. That's if I see it again!

-
 -
by patches1414 on July 27, 2006 09:05 PM
Lisa, I thought it was a pretty good picture and it looked so colorful. [clappy] Of course, I know people who have those good zoom lens can get much better pictures than I can with my tiny zoom lens. [Frown] It seems like I've had a lot less butterflies on my bush this year but that might be the result of the intense heat we've been experiencing here. [Eek!]

-
 -
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"
by loz on July 28, 2006 04:12 PM
What a pretty butterfly Lisa! Wish we had them around here.

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Butterflies Part II| Next thread: Butterfly and Bird gardens »
Back to Thread index