The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Bulbs Flowers

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
« Prev thread: Bulbs at Lowes| Next thread: bunnies and my garden »
Back to Thread index
by cds1234 on April 26, 2005 03:28 AM
Help!!!
I just bought a bag of flower bulbs at costco and Im not sure what to do?
1)My first question is how long do the bulbs stay good in the bag?
2)How do I know when to plant them?
3)When I put the bulbs in the ground, do I then follow the instructions if they where seeds? Or do I just put them in the ground and water them?

I have never planted any thing so I am a little over my head. Thanks for any help
By the way I live in Puerto Rico so I think I am in climate 11
by tkhooper on April 26, 2005 04:15 AM
Well first off we need to know what kind of bulbs they are. It should say somewhere on the package. I thought about moving to the virgin islands but I don't handle the heat well. Most bulbs are stored in a cool dark place so that might help while you are finding out what they are. I'm just a beginner so someone will be along with better information.

-
 -
by Dixie Angel on April 26, 2005 05:26 AM
I'm not anyone that knows anything about your bulbs, cds1234! I just wanted to say welcome to the forum and I hope you have as much fun as I do here.

Dianna

-
 -
by Jiffymouse on May 01, 2005 05:59 AM
hi ya cd [wayey] about your bulbs... there should be instructions on the box, but go ahead and plant them, it isn't too late, it is just that the depth will depend on the type of bulb. daffodil bulbs are planted different than hiacynths which are different than tulips which are different than irises, etc.

so tell us what they are [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Bulbs at Lowes| Next thread: bunnies and my garden »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: