The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Radishes

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
« Prev thread: radish seedlings?????| Next thread: Radishes »
Back to Thread index
by Bestofour on June 11, 2005 09:53 PM
Today I hot a bunch, meaning a WHOLE lot, of radishes. I only got one squash. We've had so much rain that some squash had turned to mush before maturing. I've never had that happen before. Now a question about my potatoes. In the past, when the soil was a little drier, I could tell when there were potatoes big enough to dig out. My garden is soaked. The foliage on the potato plants is big and bushy but I can't tell if there are any potatoes ready. I dug around one plant but never did find a potato. Any suggestions?

-
 -
 - http://www.picturetrail.com/bestofour  -
by LMT on June 11, 2005 11:29 PM
Your title had me fooled. I did my second thining of radishes this morning and a few were big enough to eat. Since your question is about potatoes, I've got nothing.

I don't eat potatoes often but I love sweet taters (baked/grilled/steamed) with a touch of maple syrup and fresh cinnamon.

Currently listening to: Vince Guaraldi Trio -- A Charlie Brown Christmas. Adult and contemporary but evocative of youth and innocence, a must own CD.

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: radish seedlings?????| Next thread: Radishes »
Back to Thread index