Hummingbird House The Garden Helper
No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997
vine bar
Wild Willy

Dying plant

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
by toby3076 on May 27, 2006 10:59 AM
We need to know what kind of plant this is, how to save it from dying and if it's an indoor only plant? We've had ot for a few years and we want to keep it. Please help! Thanks.

You may hopefully be able to see the pics of the sad plant here.
by Jiffymouse on May 27, 2006 11:05 AM
looks like a split leaf philodendron, and it doesn't like full sun, or sharp temp drops.
by toby3076 on May 27, 2006 11:10 AM
do you think I can save it? How?
by Squirrel on May 27, 2006 11:14 AM
I agree with Jiffymouse. It looks like it`s been in the sun and the night temps have been too cool for it. Not sure if you can save it???? Sue

What goes around comes around, so be nice!lol
by toby3076 on May 27, 2006 11:16 AM
Do you think i should bring it inside?
Please help!! My wife really loves this plant. I appreciate you guys responding so quickly.
by joclyn on May 27, 2006 11:43 AM
yes, bring it inside and put it in a spot where it gets only indirect light.

they like to dry out a little in between waterings, too.

from the pics, it doesn't look all that bad and with some care, it should survive.
by Tonya on May 27, 2006 02:23 PM
My split leaf looked like that when it was given to me...trim off the brown stalks that are obviously either dead or dying and bring it inside. I have mine near a window, but it doesn't get direct sunlight and I water it lightly once a week. It should come back nicely, mine did! [muggs]

- Bote and Babe's World
by Jiffymouse on May 28, 2006 03:28 AM
i've been told that they come back nicely with a little care. i don't have one, but one day...
by preciousgreenfingers on May 28, 2006 09:19 AM
I'm sure it'll groww back. Philodendrons are quite. Best of luck [thumb]

Active Garden Forum