The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Pitcher Plant

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2004
« Prev thread: PISTACHIO KIWI PIE| Next thread: Pitiful looking yard »
Back to Thread index
by m.wheatley on November 24, 2004 04:49 AM
I bought a pitcher plant on sale. It is outside and getting plenty of mosquitoes now but in the winter it will be inside. How do I feed it? Would worms we buy for the wrens be okay? Thanks. Butterfly
by afgreyparrot on November 24, 2004 05:02 AM
I just got a message from a member here who has gone off to college, telling me all about how good her pitcher plant is doing!

I'll email her and ask her to check out your question. She's an expert on them!

Welcome to the forum!

Please check back on this and I will try to get you an answer from her.

Cindy

-
 -
 -
Buckle up! It makes it harder for the aliens to suck you out of your car!
by Nako on November 25, 2004 07:57 AM
Hi!
I'm that friend of ms. cindy's ^.^

Whatcha can do with ur pitchers is feed em crickets. They only require about 1-2 large sized bugz per month. large sized would be like a large house fly, small horse fly, large crickets bought at a petshop, and stuff like that ^.^

Another alternative *which i personally don't trust* would be to use 1/4 deluted fertalizer. Now, if you do this, DON'T apply it to the roots. Don't even let it touch the roots >.< instead, mist the leaves, and put some in the pitchers. Do that about as much as you would normally feed it bugs. I recommend feeding crickets using tweezers. If they're too hard to catch with the tweezers, put em in the freezer for about 10 seconds and they'll slow right down ^.^

~Phoebe

Nako's Webshots!
 -
 -

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: PISTACHIO KIWI PIE| Next thread: Pitiful looking yard »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: