The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Cactus in Winter...

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: Cactus Bloom| Next thread: Cactus is shrinking! »
Back to Thread index
by eclo on April 24, 2006 02:08 AM
Here are some pics of our cactus and succulents . Most are my wife's but she has gotten me hooked on them as well. We overwinter them in our homemade greenhouse . The hanging string of pearls and euphorbia in the purple pot, have been in bloom since early october and are still blooming on the 24 of April. This is a Mix Bowl my wife put together. I think it looks great! [thumb] ! Okay well, here is one more shot inside our recycled greenhouse !! We are fairly new to the forums and are still kinda finding our way around! Glad to be here tho! Seeyas around the garden! [wavey]

See Ya in the Garden!
by margaret e. pell on April 24, 2006 04:07 AM
Joy to you! Your plants are beautiful!! In the photo labeled "string of pearls and euphorbia", immediately to the left of the purple pot is a plant someone in the mystery plant section is trying to identify. If you have a name for it, maybe you could go there and tell them. In the same pic, to the laft of that, is a rangey, spikey, narrow and long cactus. What is it, please? I hope I live long enough for my plants to get as large as yours are! Thanks for sharing.

-

may God bless the WHOLE world!
by angelblossom on April 24, 2006 10:55 AM
eclo WOW!! I just turned many shades of green! [Big Grin] [Big Grin] they all look terrific!! [thumb] [clappy] Thanks for sharing!!

-
 -
Sorrow looks back, Worry looks around, Faith looks up!  -  -
http://photobucket.com/albums/e374/2thtek/  -  -
by Triss on April 28, 2006 05:36 AM
Those plants are stunning!!! Do they stay in the greenhouse all year long or come out in the summertime?

-
 -
We are all under the same stars... therefore we are never far apart.
by gardeningmomma on April 28, 2006 02:44 PM
Your plants are gorgeous! How do you winterize the green house?
by plants 'n pots on April 28, 2006 03:06 PM
Love your plants!
But... I'm even more impressed with your homemade greenhouse - very very nice!

-
 -
 - Lynne's knitting journal  -  -  -
"I'm spayed, declawed, and housebound - how's YOUR day going???"
by eclo on May 03, 2006 03:54 AM
We pretty much empty out the greenhouse in the summer! All the plants end up on the patio the porch and various other places in and around the garden and the greenhouse then becomes more or less storage for garden tools and extra pots and all kinds of miscellaneous stuff! If you go to the 'water garden' forum and look at the "My BIG Pond" post, you will find a few pics of the greenhouse in it's "winterized" state! And I think in the "Frugal Gardener" forum under "Homemade Greenhouse" I have explained how we winterize it! Glad you like it [thumb]

See Ya in the Garden!
by Triss on May 03, 2006 06:10 AM
Nice to know the plants get out of their "cage" in the summer so that they can be enjoyed outside!

-
 -
We are all under the same stars... therefore we are never far apart.
by FRITO on June 13, 2006 12:54 PM
Your collection is nice, I really like that homemade greenhouse also. DO you have anymore information on it? is it made from old windows and glass?
by eclo on June 14, 2006 01:25 PM
Heyas Frito!

PM me and I will tell you what I can about all aspects of me greenhouse unless there are enuff people here that wanna here my ramblings and would rather I post publicly. Glad you like it!

See Ya in the Garden!
by Jiffymouse on June 14, 2006 02:39 PM
eclo, please post publicly, we LOVE reading about other's experiments and successes!
by eclo on June 23, 2006 06:29 PM
I have info for ya.... but I'm short on time.... gimme a day or so.... and I will post again.... I have some heat tape for you.... to "meld" your liner.... hmmmm, how long your seam?
ill post tommorrow and in the meantime, shoot me a PM wif yeraddress and I'll get it on it's way... [Smile]

See Ya in the Garden!

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Cactus Bloom| Next thread: Cactus is shrinking! »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: