The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

northern flicker

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: North facing window| Next thread: Northwoods Maple »
Back to Thread index
by porter57 on June 25, 2006 06:38 PM
i saw my ground pecker(northern flicker) today.
what a beautiful bird. at least in my opninion.
i did notice a particular wariness in this one also.(just as i did in my hummers) i opened my back door and saw the bird,that didnt scare it one bit at all but as i watched it from inside the house i noticed that it kinda put feeding on the backburner and watched its surroundings a lot (more watching then feeding) i really think
ive got a falcon taking up residence cause the
birds are really skittish of being watched here lately. cant scare away the young robins though,
and the rabbits are showing no fear here lately.
the squirrells are going crazy here right now.
i geuss they are breeding. they are showing some really crazy behaviour, chasing each other across power lines and generaly looking like they belong in a loony bin!!
by patches1414 on June 25, 2006 07:56 PM
Congratulations Porter! [clappy] They are beautiful birds and a sight to behold! [Wink] Did you see the yellow-shafted one? Do you know if it was a male or a female? I'm surprised you're first seeing them now because it seems I always saw them a lot more in the winter months. [dunno] Of course, I guess 'if you feed them, they will come'! [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

-
 -
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"
by Wrennie on June 26, 2006 12:20 AM
I love flickers.
We have an influx of critters and birds right now too. Everyones babies are coming out of their nests. BF saw a bunch of baby chipmunks scurrying on and around our pine tree.They didnt come out to see me tho'. At work the baby barn swallows are getting closer to fledging too.

-
 -

-

- Summer Camp '07, July 14th weekend, won't you join us?  -
summer camp thread 1, 2, 3,4
by patches1414 on June 26, 2006 12:31 AM
Wrennie, I'm sure that's what it is because I've a new mother with baby Wrens in another one of my Wren houses. [clappy] I love to see her flitting around from branch to branch and bringing food to her babies. [Love] Boy, those babies really start chattering when mommy comes. [Smile] [Smile]

-
 -
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"
by patches1414 on June 26, 2006 12:35 AM
Wrennie, I'm sure that's what it is because I've a new mother with baby Wrens in another one of my Wren houses. [clappy] I love to see her flitting around from branch to branch and bringing food to her babies. [Love] Boy, those babies really start chattering when mommy comes. [Smile] [Smile]

-
 -

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: North facing window| Next thread: Northwoods Maple »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: