The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Bermuda grass and weeds

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
« Prev thread: Bermuda grass and weed grasses| Next thread: bermuda maintenance »
Back to Thread index
by Jennifer W. on September 16, 2005 09:14 PM
Hi! My family recently moved from Virginia to Jacksonville, FL. Wow, are the lawns different here. My husband has spent his entire life trying to kill Bermuda grass, but now finds himself in the position of having to keep it alive. The prior owners of our house put down Bermuda in spite of the fact that EVERONE ELSE around here has St. Augustine grass. 1 - I know we can't get rid of it, ever, and 2 - nobody around here has any maintenance suggestions for us. The prior owners let the yard fill with weeds. I know seeding season for our grass is different than what we're used to, but what about treating the weeds? The lawn looks awful, and I don't want to wait until next summer to fix it. Is there anything I can do?
by tamara on September 22, 2005 06:33 PM
Try some feed and weed fertilizer for the fall and reapply the spring variety when it's time.

-
 -
Tamara's Photos
Thinking Spring, Thinking Spring...Nope, doesn't work.lol
by Longy on September 27, 2005 07:11 PM
Or alternatively, you could sheet mulch and compost the whole lot and create a garden.

-
The secret is the soil.

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Bermuda grass and weed grasses| Next thread: bermuda maintenance »
Back to Thread index