The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

My First . . .

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
Pages: 1 2 3
by Carly on May 03, 2005 02:39 AM
These are truly my first daffodil and hyacinth -'cause I've never planted bulbs before.

I was out working on the lot this afternoon in the rain (like the nut that I am) and noticed they'd come up.

First Daffodil

-

First Hyacinth

-

-
When sorting seeds, do not whistle.
by tkhooper on May 03, 2005 02:43 AM
Congratulations;

I bet you feel like a pretty proud parent right now. I love the color you chose for your hycinthia it is georgeous.

-
 -
by Carly on May 03, 2005 02:45 AM
Yep - a red one. I thought they were going to be purple.

I wouldn't have chosen hyacinths - somebody got them for me last fall along with the daffs, the tulips and some crocus.

In fact, bulbs is something I never think about buying.

Yes, it is something like being a proud parent. And there is a newborn child in our building right now - I just learned of it today. An 8 lb. girl! Yayyyyyyyyyyyy! Girls!

-
by duckie on May 03, 2005 02:58 AM
Very pretty Carly. Thanks for sharing your pics.

A new baby?How wonderful.Did ya get to hold her?

Or smell her?If someone could capture that scent,they'd be rich.

[Love] duckie

-
 -
by Jiffymouse on May 05, 2005 04:11 AM
[thumb] way to go carly... aren't the daffodils just the image of spring?!
by tamara on May 05, 2005 01:59 PM
What a good feeling your first flower brings. Yesterday I had my first crocus bloom, a little yellow one. Couldn't of been prouder. I never planted hyacinths before, do they get very big Carly?

-
 -
Tamara's Photos
Thinking Spring, Thinking Spring...Nope, doesn't work.lol
by Dixie Angel on May 05, 2005 02:28 PM
I love hyacinths. [Cool] They make the whole area around them smell so pretty with their perfume. Beautiful flowers. You give me hope for planting them in my yard, too, Carly! Thanks for posting the pics.

Dianna

-
 -
by Carly on May 06, 2005 05:52 AM
Oh, I don't really know how big they get. From what I can see by other gardens and the ones in the stores, they're about 8 inches tall, max.

Nope - didn't hold the new baby - haven't seen her in person, just pictures. But Jeff saw her - the father brought her down for him to see - I wasn't here.

-

Active Garden Forum

Search The Garden Helper: