The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Voles

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
« Prev thread: Voila! Two Pansys and a Viola..| Next thread: Voo doo lily success »
Back to Thread index
by hisgal2 on July 07, 2005 01:41 AM
Ok, so there are voles in the grassy playground area that my kids use at school. Yesterday we found 2 babies and I saved them from being killed by the toddler class. they were just soo little and cute!! I looked at the type of damage that they can do and its quite clear that we have to get rid of them somehow. I see that traps and pesticides can be used to get rid of them, but I don't feel that those are safe to have the kids around....especially 1 years old because they are soo curious about everything. Any ideas of what I can do??

-
 -

-
by floweraddict on July 07, 2005 12:12 PM
If the voles come above ground for a short visit, a cat would find them very tasty... [kitty]

Bob
 -
by hisgal2 on July 08, 2005 09:04 AM
While the play area is fenced in, I don't really want to leave a cat there. I just don't trust the kids that the other teachers have.

-
 -

-

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Voila! Two Pansys and a Viola..| Next thread: Voo doo lily success »
Back to Thread index