The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Wonder Eggs

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
« Prev thread: wonder eggs,| Next thread: Wondering.... »
Back to Thread index
by frechtling on August 23, 2005 08:53 PM
Does anyone know anything about eating wonder eggs? The package states them as ornamental, and I am assuming they are some sort of hybrid in the eggplant family. Someone told me they are edible but are sour. Anybody know? I've got two good plants with lots of eggs, and a few fully ripened.
by Bestofour on September 01, 2005 06:56 AM
I don't know about eating those. A lot of people on this forum planted them this year but I don't remember anyone eating any.

-
 -
 - http://www.picturetrail.com/bestofour  -
by Shani on September 03, 2005 02:05 PM
I have no clue of they're edible or not, but if you do try them, let us know what they're like [Smile]

Shani
 -
May the wind always be at your back
and your keel in the water
by Suth on September 07, 2005 10:47 AM
They have a delicious melony taste. Can be eaten raw, baked, fried.
by phoenix on September 07, 2005 10:51 PM
I finally have a golden yellow egg,but it's only about an inch and a half in size. Is that how big they tend to get?

-
 -
http://photobucket.com/albums/y203/lilpuppolo/
"If you want to talk bollocks and discuss the meaning of life,you're better off downing a bottle of whiskey.That way you're drunk by the time you start to take yourself seriously"
by Suth on September 07, 2005 11:11 PM
Mine are a little bigger then a golf ball. The best tasting is between the stage of white and golden, when they are yellow. White isn't quite ready and golden are (for lack of a better word) to 'puffy' just like normal squash when it has grown to long.
by frechtling on November 03, 2005 01:29 AM
I ate some of the wonder eggs recently. I chopped them and fried them like you would zucchini and squash. They are decent except the skin is VERY bitter! I suggest peeling them before eating them, and they are still a tad bit sour, but not bad if you fry them in butter and salt and pepper to taste.

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: wonder eggs,| Next thread: Wondering.... »
Back to Thread index