The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Bell Pepper seeds....help!!!!

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2004
« Prev thread: Bell pepper question| Next thread: Bellflowers (Campanula spp.) »
Back to Thread index
by Erica on October 27, 2004 09:28 AM
I bought a bell pepper today, a red one and inside on the seed cluster was one seed that had germinated (I think!) it had the part where the seed was and it has grown out of that and the first 1/4 inch of it from this point is red and then it turns green and comes to a point. I was wondering how to plant it, as I grow Avacado seeds and was curious as to what it would be like to try this guy out. Any information would be helpful. What size pot, how moist, fertilizer?, sun level, do I need a plastic jug over it? My friend said I might need to germinate it in some moist warm place but I believe it is already germinated because it has the start of what looks like roots or a plant. (The green part) anyways, this is getting long enough, anything will help! Thanks so much! [dunno]
by Longy on October 27, 2004 12:32 PM
You can germinate any of the seeds from inside the bell pepper, not necessarily the one which has already germinated. It may suffer transplant shock. Keep the seeds warm and moist and they'll germinate fairly readily. They like rich, well prepared soil and higher temperatures to grow well. Same setup as tomatoes gets a good result but as you're coming into winter you may be six months early. Not sure what winter is like in your neck of the woods.

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Bell pepper question| Next thread: Bellflowers (Campanula spp.) »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: