The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Orange trumpet vine

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: Orange Trumpet Vine| Next thread: orchid »
Back to Thread index
by Karrie on June 08, 2006 03:28 PM
I have some wild orange trumpet vine growing in the ditch across the street from my house. I want it growing here in my yard. and yes I know they are invasive and all that but I still want it. My problem is I cannot get to the roots to dig them up as its in the middle of posion ivy. Can I just get me a cutting from the flower and try that way? And if so please tell me how to begin with this process

-
 -

It doesn't matter where you go in life... It's who you have beside you when you get there.

Karrie's Photos
by joclyn on June 08, 2006 04:06 PM
it will probably root from a cutting - especially since it's invasive. just clip a few bits and place in water until the roots form. i'd add some root stimulant to the water.

how about some kind of vine that's NOT invasive? there are plenty of things available...clematis, honeysuckle (well, this one can be invasive too...), climbing hydrangea and wysteria all have nice flowers.

there are also vines that are annuals - like the hyacynth bean, sweet potato, scarlet runner. just to name a few.
by Karrie on June 10, 2006 04:35 AM
I have a fence around the property I want covered quickly. The neighbor and I share it. He doesnt care what I put on it. But he wants it up. Its ugly old and barbwire I am tired of the kids snagging their clothes on it. I figure this will cover it quickly.

-
 -

It doesn't matter where you go in life... It's who you have beside you when you get there.

Karrie's Photos
by joclyn on June 10, 2006 12:19 PM
there are plenty of clematis that are fast growers and so are honeysuckle and wisteria.

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Orange Trumpet Vine| Next thread: orchid »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: