The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Kids Flower Garden

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: Kiddies Veggie Garden| Next thread: Kiefer lily »
Back to Thread index
by Sir Ts Princess on May 15, 2006 09:03 AM
I've been "actively" gardening since 2001. However, the spring of 2005 brought some horrific episodes in mine and my children's gardening when a tornado ripped through and carried off: tree saplings, cyclamen, a plumbago vine, and spanish bayounettes. It destoryed any flowers that were in bloom, and altered most of our trees (they are now topless). And...it sat my house on our Elephant Ear. Two and a half months later...a hurricane ripped through and finished off anything that was left of a "garden" and my house. Currently...one rose bush survives and it isn't mine...it's my mother in laws!

Now, my family is having to live with my inlaws. And the gardening bug has hit. I really, really miss my gardens. And once again, my boys are wanting gardens. I know that May is getting a late start...but...what plants/seeds would be good for a child's flower garden bed? Since I'm thinking about them each having their own gardens and learning to gather seeds, etc. for next year and gift giving. My oldest son's garden is going to be full sun, and my youngest son will have shade-partial sun. Any and all help, advice, etc. appreciated as we are literally starting over from scratch.

-
by Triss on May 15, 2006 09:28 AM
Nasturum is a pretty and edible plant for kids garden.s We also like snapdragons. Marigolds for color. Cosmos also and for great seed collecting opportunities Touch Me Nots. Once the pods ripen, they will POP and scatter seeds everywhere at the slightest touch.

Hope that helps a bit.

-
 -
We are all under the same stars... therefore we are never far apart.

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Kiddies Veggie Garden| Next thread: Kiefer lily »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: