The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

spider plants making webbs

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: Spider Plants (sorta)| Next thread: spider webs all over plants »
Back to Thread index
by ndskfam on November 08, 2006 03:13 PM
my spider plant has something in it that is making Webb like stuff in the center of the plant and the leaf in the center rots? What is causing this? What can I do about this? I also have noticed that it is starting to look like the baby plants or to heavy and pulling down the plants. Is this possible?
by myndful on November 08, 2006 08:52 PM
Can you post a picture?

Offhand, I'd say check the moisture in your soil. If it's too wet, that could cause the rot. Bugs could cause the webbing, or it could be a fungus...

If the baby plants have roots, you can clip 'em so they're not pulling on Mama. If no roots, you can still clip and set them in water to root.

How's your drainage?

http://myndfulmeanderings.blogspot.com
by Vera_M on November 09, 2006 04:58 AM
Webbing? Do you have a magnifying glass (x10)? Check the webbing and leaf undersides for spider mites. If it looks like a mass of cotton centered at the base it's possibly Mealy Bugs.

Vera

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Spider Plants (sorta)| Next thread: spider webs all over plants »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: