The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Gardenia needs help!

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
« Prev thread: Gardenia Help| Next thread: Gardenia Plant »
Back to Thread index
by Judy Bee on February 20, 2005 11:38 PM
I am not a gardener and my gardenia knows it. I am retired and split my time each month between VA and SC, so I'm not with this gardenia every day, but it does get watered when I'm away. It's in a very bright, sunny room but not in direct sunlight. When I bought it a month ago it had 2 flowers and several potential blooms on it. Since then, the blooms and leaves have steadily dried up. Am I not giving it enough water? (I was afraid to give it too much) [LIST] Can I cut off the dried up stems and hope it will come back to life, or should I give up and throw it in the trash?
by Amy R. on February 21, 2005 01:04 AM
Hey Judy Bee, welcome to the forum!
I understand your frustration with your gardenia; I have been in the same boat more than once!
Here is a link from the Plants & Flowers section that contains a ton of good info, you just have to wade through some of the silly stuff(thank you very much). Good luck keeping your gardenia out of the garbage can!!!

http://www.thegardenhelper.com/cgi-bin/ubb/cgi/ultimatebb.cgi/topic/15/1155.html?

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Gardenia Help| Next thread: Gardenia Plant »
Back to Thread index