The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

New growth

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2004
by syl726 on April 23, 2004 04:08 PM
For quite sometime now, you have bared with me over how to root cuttings from a Philo and now I've done it [Big Grin] Maybe I was paying TOO much attention because I've seen new roots forming on other people cuttings in a week! Yesterday I noticed that one of the smaller cuttings is growing a leaf underwater near the node and it's not even a quarter inch long. Meaning, if I put it in soil the leaf too will be covered because there is hardly any stem below the leaf to stick in the soil without including the leaf. Now what???? [scaredy] Also, how long should I let the root get before planting it? I can't think of anything tiny enough to put it in. I've read that putting plants in a container too large isn't good. Any suggestions?
by Chrissy on April 23, 2004 04:16 PM
I usually wait till a pretty good root system is going & then I plant as usual in whatever medium is best for that particular plant. Some plants root really easily in water, others are better in a soiless medium with rooting hormone. I have found so far the easiest things to root from cuttings for me have been snowball bushes, pussy willows & perillas.

-
 -
z5b

Active Garden Forum

Search The Garden Helper: