The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Schefflera arboricola.

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
« Prev thread: Schefflera actinophylla.| Next thread: schefflera ia drooping »
Back to Thread index
by bcordrey on February 06, 2005 04:18 PM
Hi, after my original post I looked at photos of Peperomia on the internet and now I don't know what kind of plant I have. Can anyone help?? I'm trying this photo thing now. Thanks!
http://community.webshots.com/user/bedonovan

by Will Creed on February 06, 2005 06:09 PM
Your plant is a Schefflera arboricola.

Let me know if you need care instructions.
by bcordrey on February 06, 2005 08:31 PM
Yes, I would love to have care instructions. I have had this plant for over 10 years and it never seems to grow. It is one thin stalk and others I have seen look so full. Does it have a common name? Thanks very much. [kitty]
by TomR on February 09, 2005 02:54 AM
quote:
Originally posted by bcordrey:
Yes, I would love to have care instructions. I have had this plant for over 10 years and it never seems to grow. It is one thin stalk and others I have seen look so full. Does it have a common name? Thanks very much. [kitty]
Sheffs are easy! Bright light, allow to dry out a bit between waterings. Feed half strength fertilizer every other watering while growing.

Tom

My memory's not as sharp as it used to be. Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
by Will Creed on February 09, 2005 04:11 AM
Schefflera arboricolas are commonly called Hawaiian Scheffleras.

Yours would benefit from more light. Right in front of an east window would be ideal.

It would also benefit from pruning. This will keep it from looking so leggy. Prune stems back to the point where you would like to see new growth come in.

Your watering seems to be OK so I don't suggest any changes.

Don't repot it and fertilize it very sparingly and only at half-strength.
by bcordrey on February 09, 2005 07:44 PM
Hi Will and Tom, thanks very much for your advice. It's very much appreciated. I am going to follow your instructions and maybe I can get it to look a little better. After 11 years, it will probably like the changes. Thanks again. Barbara

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Schefflera actinophylla.| Next thread: schefflera ia drooping »
Back to Thread index