The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

rubber plant soil

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
« Prev thread: rubber plant questions| Next thread: rubber tree »
Back to Thread index
by sam314 on January 04, 2005 06:04 AM
I have a rubber plant that seems to be outgrowing it's pot. The leaves have been turning yellow and dropping. It's also quite root bound. Is that bad? What soil shoul I use to upgrade it to a larger pot?

Thanks Sam

God Bless,
Sam
Prov. 3:5-6
by Amy R. on January 04, 2005 07:14 AM
hi sam,
i think in general the ficus species do relatively well in crowded situations, but if it is terribly root bound, then it's time to replant. also, i think it is natural for an older, taller rubber plant to lose it's lower leaves...if this is the case, you could try pruning it back to encourage new growth. i'm sorry i can't offer you any suggestions for the soil medium; i am in the process of figuring out my favorite mix. good luck!
by Nako on January 04, 2005 05:50 PM
I'm using Miracle Gro for mine. They'll survive in pretty much any soil mix. They like to be kept moist, but well drained. so ya, when you repot it, just make sure that you keep it moist and water it after so it'll be used ot the shock ^.^

~phoebe

Nako's Webshots!
 -
 -
by Jiffymouse on January 06, 2005 03:16 AM
if you cut one stalk at the time back to just above the dirt, you can rejuvanate it.

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: rubber plant questions| Next thread: rubber tree »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: