The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Fern + Cat don't mix

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
« Prev thread: Fern| Next thread: fern care »
Back to Thread index
by dr_unique1 on January 04, 2005 08:00 PM
I have a Dallas Fern (looks kind of like a boston fern, but needs much less light) that I've had about 6 months. About a month ago my darling cat [kitty] decided that she wanted to take a nap in it (and have a little snack as well), unfortunately the hanging plant's "hangers" couldn't support the weight of the cat AND the fern, so they all came tumbling down. I added more soil to the plant and continued to water it as normal, but the fronds have not grown back from the kitty's snack. Any suggestions? A friend told me that it was just a result of it being winter, but I'm not convinced.
by Amy R. on January 04, 2005 09:20 PM
i had a similar experience with my table fern a few months ago, and mine still looks awful...no new growth to speak of. but i'm not giving up, as i think part of the problem is that it is winter, like you mentioned. i think ferns tend to "shed" anyway during this time of year, so perhaps our cats are ahead of us on this one. [Embarrassed] i hope your fern recovers, the dallas is one of my favorites.

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Fern| Next thread: fern care »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: