The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Mildew?

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: midwestern drought| Next thread: Mildew roses, and other problems. »
Back to Thread index
by plantqueen on July 19, 2006 07:52 AM
I have something on the surface of the soil on some of my houseplants that kind of looks like a powdery mildew. I am wondering if that is what it is and how to control. Not all of them have it but many of mine do right now.

-
 -

-

All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.
by DowntoEarth on July 20, 2006 08:40 AM
Hmmm, could be some kind of mold if the soil has been kept on the wet side. It could also be from possible excess fertilizer, or a mineral salt build up from hard water.
You might want to scoop out the top couple inches of soil and replace it with some new soil, then water less.
Some people will use distilled or rain water when possible,
by loz on July 20, 2006 08:58 AM
quote:
It could also be from possuble excess fertilizer, or a mineral salt build up from hard water.

I was just going to post the same thing. [Smile]
by plantqueen on July 20, 2006 09:14 AM
Thank you very much for your suggestions! I will take some of the soil out and put some new in and start from there.

-
 -

-

All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: midwestern drought| Next thread: Mildew roses, and other problems. »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: