The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Rubber Tree Help!!

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: rubber tree death????| Next thread: rubber tree help me »
Back to Thread index
by Mandy N. on July 16, 2006 05:22 AM
I have been having this problem with my rubber tree, with a lot of the bottom leaves falling off, and I pulled it out of the planter and the roots are totally growing out of the bottom and winding around the pot! Should I trim the roots, or repot it into a bigger pot. Maybe I over watered it a little, but I will let it dry out a little. What should I do with the roots??? Also, I read that you can cut right above the nodes of the fallen leaves and that will stimulate a new leaf?? Thanks for any help. [dunno]
by Jiffymouse on July 16, 2006 01:59 PM
it will stimulate branching mandy. your plant needs a bigger pot, or the roots trimmed. too much water/too little water is difficult to prevent when a plant is that root bound.
by Mandy N. on July 16, 2006 07:56 PM
Should I trim the roots when I repot it? These roots are probably a foot long!!

And by branching do you mean a whole new branch, or just a leaf? (sorry i'm so dumb! HA!)
by Jiffymouse on July 17, 2006 02:48 AM
a whole new branch. and you can take a clean, sharp knife and slice part of the roots off. it won't hurt the plant, as long as you don't do it too often.
by Jiffymouse on July 17, 2006 02:51 AM
and, if you cut the top off the plant, you can plant that, and it will make a baby plant.
by Mandy N. on July 17, 2006 08:43 AM
Thank you so much for this advice! I really appreciate it!

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: rubber tree death????| Next thread: rubber tree help me »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: