The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

jade plants (HELP, mine is dying)

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2004
« Prev thread: Jade Plants| Next thread: JADE PLANTS ROOTING! »
Back to Thread index
by wendle on March 08, 2004 07:12 PM
hello,
I was given a Jade plant and it was doing really well. Then I noticed the other day it was not looking so good anymore [flower] , and I realized that the end near the soil was brown and dying. So I broke it off, cut the stem back to green and put in water hoping to root. It has not rooted yet and I read on here that too much wter is not good and so now I have it lying out. Anyone help me keep my Jade plant alive????!!!!!!!!!
by weezie13 on March 08, 2004 08:20 PM
Hello [wayey] Wendle,
Welcome to The Garden Helper's Forum,
we are very glad you found us!!!!

What I'm going to do is move your post just so you know, into a section that's a little more traveled through of gardeners.. That way the gardener's that have house plants can help you in this certain area because they can answer your question a little better for you!.......

Weezie

Weezie

Don't forget to be kind to strangers. For some who have
done this have entertained angels without realizing it.
- Bible - Hebrews 13:2

-
 -
 -

http://photobucket.com/albums/y250/weezie13/
by Will Creed on March 09, 2004 03:19 AM
Hi Wendle,

Jades root more readily in moist soil than they do in water. This is particularly true of older stems that are no longer green.

Let the cut section heal over night. Then insert it into a small pot filled with a soilless, peat-based potting mix with some extra perlite added to it. Try to keep the mix barely moist at all times. Water it thoroughly as soon as the top inch of potting mix feels dry.

Good luck!

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Jade Plants| Next thread: JADE PLANTS ROOTING! »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: