The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Pretty English Ivy with Spider Mites

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: prettie flower| Next thread: Pretty in Pink »
Back to Thread index
by Amany on June 25, 2006 01:15 PM
Hi

I have an English ivy at work. It has spider mites. I took it outside, sprayed it with soapy water and it's now sitting at one of the picnic tables. I plan to spray it every three days or so for a couple more weeks. I'll bring it back inside when the temps drop down to about 40 degrees. This time I'll keep it in the ladies restroom. There are no windows, but there is plenty fluorescent lighting. I hesitate to keep it where I had it before because there are other live plants there. I'm afraid that if it gets spider mites again, the other plants will be affected. I found out that it's a spider mite magnet.
This is the first English Ivy I've owned. It's a beautiful plant. Could you give me any tips on keeping it alive?
Here's a picture. It's not great, but you can tell how pretty it is.
 -

by Jiffymouse on June 28, 2006 06:39 AM
amany, it is a pretty plant. i would ask though, next time, can you size the pic just a little smaller?

also, while i don't know much about spider mites, i do know you want to have it pest free for at least a month before you bring it in. so, i'd start treatment now. if you do a site search on spider mites, bill has some very good info on getting rid of them [thumb]
by Amany on June 28, 2006 07:22 AM
Sorry about that. I didn't know how big the picture was until I posted it.
Thanks Jiffy.
by Jiffymouse on June 28, 2006 02:04 PM
that's ok. do you want me to resize it for you? i don't normally, but i will make an exception if you'd like...
by Amany on June 28, 2006 02:56 PM
Thanks!

[clappy] [kissies]

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: prettie flower| Next thread: Pretty in Pink »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: