The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

HELP!! Problems with Rubber Tree

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: Help... Need containers cheap!| Next thread: HELP!! Questions!! »
Back to Thread index
by Renee7983 on June 17, 2006 03:07 AM
I recently repotted a rubber tree and it has been quite droopy ever since. Any ideas as to what might be happening? At first I thought it might be shock from repotting, but it seems to be getting worse everyday. I don't know what to do. [dunno] I got it when my son was born so I'd hate to lose it.
by loz on June 17, 2006 03:34 AM
How recently did you repot it????

They can be VERY touchy. What kind of light is it in? Was it in great shape before you repotted it?
by Renee7983 on June 20, 2006 07:48 AM
It was in pretty good shape. I have it at my office because it gets a little better taken care of up here. It's in indirect sunlight. We have two windows in the front office and overhead lights. It's not in a draft area. Already checked that. I read they don't like drafty areas... I don't think it was that in the first place though because it's been up here in the same room since I left the hospital so the only thing different is the repotting. I have had it for about 10 months (that's how old my baby is), and it was repotted about three weeks ago. This morning when I came into the office it looked terrible. Some of the leaves are starting to turn yellow and two fell off. BUT oddly enough, two of the stalks have new growth.
by flwrgrdnmom on June 20, 2006 04:04 PM
I would say it's shock. Just keep everything normal for it and it should come back ok. Good luck!
by Renee7983 on June 22, 2006 03:22 AM
We've found bugs!!! We think they may have been in the potting soil because we only had problems after repotting. They are little centipede looking bugs that burrow into the soil. We have sprayed with Gardensafe Houseplant and Garden Insect Spray by Schultz. Any other suggestions????

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Help... Need containers cheap!| Next thread: HELP!! Questions!! »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: